Become A Stallholder
We’re on the lookout for locally handmade art and design-based products. All applicants will be reviewed on the quality of their work, uniqueness of work to the market, and the product mix on display.
We welcome a Registration of Eligibility (ROE) from genuine makers and growers that meet the following criteria:
- You have made the product yourself; preferably in WA.
- You have grown the produce yourself OR you have added substantial value to the product.
- You are active on social media and will help to promote the event.
- We also consider how many other stall holders we have in each category.
- We are looking for stallholders that have something unique and interesting to sell that will add value and interest to our market for our visitor. We encourage our stall holders to constantly improve and re-evaluate their product.
Please read before Registering your Eligibility to become a stallholder. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Contact us at the top of the page on the website, right hand corner.
How To Become A Stallholder?
Potential stall holders are asked to fill out a Registration of Eligibility (located at the bottom of this page) so we can find out more about you and your product suitability for our market. The submission of an ROE assists us in ensuring we have a point of difference between vendors. Keeping our market fresh and interesting.
- We have limited spaces for stall holders selling hot food and therefore are not seeking nor accepting any at this stage
You will receive a reply within 3 weeks of submitting your ROE. Due to the number we receive we are unable to give individual feedback.
You can submit another ROE if unsuccessful, providing you have altered your product significantly.
Once you have received confirmation that you have been approved to become a stall holder you will be sent Log-in details so that you can access the Approved stall holders page. Applications are only available to approved eligible stall holders. Please check Market dates and Application opening dates.
* Stall Costs
Small table /verandah – limited - $70.00 *
Small table (no cover) - limited - $70 *
Space for 2.4 x 2.4 Cabana- limited – $70.00 *
Space for 3 x 3 Cabana – $80.00
Gourmet Corner / Indoor – limited – $80.00
Powered 3×3 Cabana – indoor -limited - $80.00
You must provide all your own equipment, we provide the space only. Cabana, weights for Cabana, table, appropriate coverings for all weather conditions.
Please note all Food Vendors must obtain the appropriate Temporary Food Licence from the City of Kalamunda.
Kalamunda Artisan Market
Stallholder Terms and Conditions
Effective 27th October 2018
Stallholders must abide by the following terms and conditions. Stallholders who fail to abide by any of the terms and conditions contained in this document risk being banned from the market. Attendance at the Kalamunda Artisan Market or the submission of an application to attend the Kalamunda Artisan Market is deemed to be acceptance of the following terms and conditions.
Produce and Goods
- Stallholders must either make or grow their product or have added substantial value to the product
- Stallholders may only sell products that have been approved by the market management. Stallholders may only sell new products that have been approved by market management. Stallholders may request to sell new or different products by emailing the market management
- Stallholders may not use market events for the primary purpose of clearing stock at substantially reduced prices
- Single use plastic bags are not to be used by stallholders
- Acceptance of stallholders for participation in the Kalamunda Artisan Market is at the sole discretion of the market management. Kalamunda Artisan Market reserves the right to reject applications and not enter into correspondence regarding the decision made.
- Applicants may not appeal any decision made by the market management
- All applications shall be informed in writing of the outcome of their application
- Stallholders are not permitted to transfer their stall or sublet their stall to anyone. Stalls will only be allocated following the acceptance of a registration of eligibility and application by approved stallholders
- A successful application for one event does not guarantee approval to attend future market events
- Decisions made by the market management are not reviewable and market management reserves the right to not give reasons for their decision or engage in discussions about the decision making process
- Stall allocation is at the sole discretion of the market management
- Market management reserves the right to change the allocation and/or location of a stall and not enter into correspondence regarding the decision made
- Stallholders will be advised prior to the market of their allocated stall
- A regular stallholder is a stallholder who attends the market on a regular but not fulltime basis
- Regular stallholders must apply for individual markets
- Regular stallholders may apply for a fulltime position after attending the market for at least eight consecutive markets. Market management reserves the right to reject any application for fulltime status and will not enter into correspondence
- A fulltime stallholder is a stallholder who attends the market on a fulltime basis.
- Fulltime stallholders must attend the market at least ten times in a twelve-month period. Failure to abide by this term may result in the loss of fulltime status
- Fulltime stallholders do not have to apply for individual markets
- Market management reserves the right to change the stall allocation of any fulltime stallholder at any time without entering into correspondence regarding the decision
- Market management reserves the right to discontinue the attendance of any fulltime stallholder at any time
- Only a limited number of fulltime positions are available in any one calendar year
This section applies to both regular and fulltime stallholders
- Stallholders must notify the market management of non-attendance as early as possible. Notification of this must be made in writing by email. It is critical for the market that management is given adequate time fill empty spaces
- Failure to give adequate notice without reasonable excuse may result in the loss of stallholder status at the Kalamunda Artisan Market
Fees and Payment
- Market management reserves the right to alter stallholder fees at any time. All stallholders will be advised of any changes in writing prior to any change being made
- All stallholder fees, both fulltime and regular, must be paid online. Market management may allow the payment of stall fees in cash in exceptional circumstances only
- Fulltime stallholders must pay market fees two months prior to the market event. Fulltime stallholders who do not abide by this condition risk losing their fulltime position
- Regular stallholders will be invoiced once their application has been approved. Invoices must be paid within either seven days or by a date specified on the invoice
- Failure to pay within the specified time may result in the offer of a position being withdrawn. This applies to fulltime and regular stallholders
- To qualify for a rollover over a fee already paid, stallholders must notify market management of their non-attendance no less than four weeks prior to the market date
- Stallholders may only have one fee rolled over per calendar year
Trading Times, Set-up and Pack-up
- Market trading hours are 8.30am to 2.30pm, held on the first Saturday of every month
- Stallholders must trade for the entire duration of the market
- Stallholders must have completed setting up prior to 8.30am.
- Stallholders are required to unload their car/s and then immediately relocate their vehicle/s to the designated stallholder parking area. All vehicles must exit the market area by 8.15am
- We ask that stallholders be mindful or other retailers within the market area. Should any issues arise please discuss this with the market management staff only
- Stallholders must comply with instructions provided by all market management staff during set-up, trading and pack-down times
- Stallholders may not commenced pack-up prior to 2.30pm. Vehicles may not enter the market area until after 2.30pm
Stall Operation and Presentation
- Stallholders must keep their products and displays within their allocated area
- Stallholders must provide their own gazebo or shelter and stall equipment
- Stallholders must ensure that all shelters, marquees, umbrellas are correctly weighted down. Tent pegs are not to be used in any area of the market. Stallholders without weights will not be permitted to erect their gazebo or shelter
- Stallholders may not damage any area surrounding their stall during set-up, trading times and pack-down
- Stallholders must keep their allocated area and its surrounds clean and tidy. All rubbish is to be placed in the bins provided, stallholders must not fill bins with empty packaging etc. these must be taken away by the stallholder
- Only goods that are for sale may be displayed and must be done so in an attractive and neat manner
- Stallholder must ensure that all electrical equipment has a current test tag prior to attendance and that power cords and equipment do not pose any danger to anyone. Stallholders are responsible for ensuring the safety of their equipment
- Kalamunda Artisan Market is an outdoor market and will operate in varying weather conditions. It is the responsibility of the stallholder to ensure their products are protected against all weather conditions. The Kalamunda Artisan Market and its management are not responsible for any loss or damage to stock due to the weather
Advertising and Promotion
- Images of stallholders and stallholder products may be used as promotional material by the Kalamunda Artisan Market for publicity purposes. By applying to be a stallholder at the market you are agreeing to images of both yourself and your products being captured and used by Kalamunda Artisan Market through online and print advertising and promotion.
- Stallholders are expected to promote the market and their attendance at the market via their own social media and advertising channels
- Stallholders must not insult, harass or intimidate anyone including other stallholders, customers, visitors or management and staff. Such behaviour will result in the immediate closure of the stallholder in question and they will be prohibited from trading at any future market events
- Stallholders and their associates must not engage in negative online social media activity about the Kalamunda Artisan Market. This includes but is not limited to online bullying of market management, or other stallholders, and engaging in false and slanderous claims about the market. Such behaviour will result in a ban from future markets
- Stallholders must be respectful and mindful of other businesses operating within and surrounding the market area
- Stallholders are required to park their vehicles in the stallholder and staff parking area adjoining the Catholic Church. Please refer to the map provided on the website for its location
- Stallholders must not park in the street, shopping area car park or in private car parks surrounding the market
Product Regulations and Compliance
- It is the responsibility of stallholders to ensure that their products comply with the relevant safety, labelling and consumer standards and any other regulatory standards that apply to the relevant product under local, state and federal law. The Kalamunda Artisan Market takes no responsibility for stallholders who fail to meet the applicable standards
- Stallholders vending any food or drink products, whether prepared on site or not, must acquire a licence to do so from the City of Kalamunda. Obtaining the relevant food licence from the City of Kalamunda is the responsibility of the stallholder
- Stallholders using gas or electrical appliances must have an adequate fire extinguisher and or fire blanket on site
- Kalamunda Artisan Market reserves the right to terminate the right of any stallholder to trade at the Kalamunda Artisan Market.
- Market management reserves the right not to enter into correspondence regarding the decision made
- Any decision to terminate a stallholders place at the Kalamunda Artisan Market is at the sole discretion of market management. The decision is not reviewable
- The market fee includes insurance for the market event day only. An excess of $1000 applies to every claim
Market insurance includes:
- $20000000 third party bodily injury and or property damage; and
- $20000000 product liability cover
Market insurance excludes:
- Product liability for electrical goods, toys and second hand items; and
- Product liability for beauty products; and
- Injury to performers, actors, singers, entertainers, participants and the like
- Stallholders must complete an Incident Report Form prescribed by the market management for each and every incident that may involve a claim
Limitation of Liability
- Kalamunda Artisan Market, its management and the Rotary Club of Kalamunda are not responsible for or involved in any claims, actions or proceedings initiated against a stallholder due to their conduct
- Kalamunda Artisan Market and its management will not become involved in any dispute that arises between stallholders or between stallholders and their customers
- Any stallholder found to be in breach of the terms and conditions outlined within this document may be banned from future market events. The decision to ban a stallholder from an event due to a breach of a term or condition is at the sole discretion of the market management
You can download a copy of our Terms and Conditions by clicking here:Download Terms and Conditions
Submit Your Registration of Eligibility
If you believe you have a product that fits with the uniqueness of the Kalamunda Artisan Market, then we invite you to complete the following Registration of Eligibilty .
Your ROE will be reviewed by the Market Manager and if successful you will be contacted and instructed how to submit full details and information.
FAQ For Stallholders
The process is Twofold
Eligible stall holders need to reapply for each event. To apply, simply check the dates when applications are open. It will be the Tuesday after the previous Market until positions are filled. Then LOG IN to our website at the bottom of the page and click on the application form. The application form is a private page and only accessible for eligible stall holders. To become an eligible stall holder you must register first
If you are approved to be an eligible stall holder, including past stall holders, log in with your username and password and then click on the application form to APPLY for the event. Applications are only open for a fixed time so please check dates and apply during these times. (see Key dates below)
Approved stallholders can apply for the following Markets (now open), applications will be open until the specified date, positions may be filled before that date in which case applications will be closed. If you are unsure please contact us via the website. Please complete all questions on the application form.
- 3rd July 2021 Market - applications open 4th May - close 15th June
- 7th August 2021 Market - applications open 4th May - close 13th July
- 7th September 2021 Market - applications open 4th May - close 10th August
Yes an application from approved eligible stall holders is required for each Market (Please check the Application opening dates)
Submission of a successful application for one market does not automatically approve stallholders for any future markets nor guarantee success or spaces for future markets which may be submitted. Please note that we receive many more applications for the event than spots available and we limit the number of stall holders in each category.
Stall holders that support our Market and come in all weather have a better chance of obtaining a regular or permanent place. However, there are instances where some stall holders would only want to come at certain times of the year, such as stall holders selling Winter or Summer clothing etc.
You will receive an email and be sent an invoice to pay within 7 days, if not paid within this time frame the offer will be withdrawn and the position offered to another. Once the invoice is paid your position is secure for the market you have applied for, bump-in details will be sent to you at least one week before the market. If you have any questions you are welcome to contact our Market Manager via the Contact Page
Not all stall holders that apply take up the offer and pay within the time frame, if you have missed out in the first round you may still be offered a spot in the second round of offers.
Please note that stall holders that are offered a spot two months in a row and fail to take up the offer may not be offered a position in the future. Stall holders in this position can contact the Market Manager regarding this.
No, once a payment has been made we do not give refunds.